Assists the veterinarian with office visits and exams, takes care of the everyday needs of pets in the hospital and helps maintain the hospital facility, keeping it neat and clean.
Job Requirements/ Skills/ Physical Demands
An employee in this position must have a sense of caring for animals, be able to lift approximately 50 pounds, walk dogs of up to 130 pounds.
- Provide compassionate care for pets
- Restrain pets for veterinarians and technicians
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized pets
- Performing various lab tests in hospital and out.
- Strong understanding of computers/technology and the ability to type.
- Clean cages, runs, boarding area and/or hospital facilities, including exam rooms, treatment room, isolation area, employee lounge, bathrooms and doctor’s office
- Maintain Lobby area in a neat and sanitary condition
- Provide clean bedding, water and litter pans for pets
- Feed hospitalized pets as needed
- Exercise hospitalized dogs as needed
- Take incoming pets to appropriate areas
- Bathe pets and prepare pets for dismissal
- Retrieve pets that are being discharged
- Re-stock ward with food from food room
- Bring retail food to reception area
- Re-stock treatment, surgery, exam roooms and hospital supplies
- Wash and fold laundry
- Wash and sanitize pet dishes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Dublin, California, United States