Cape Fear Animal Hospital in Fayetteville, NC is seeking an experienced Veterinary Assistant. Our four doctor, small animal hospital is a team-oriented work environment that values the skills and knowledge of all employees. Four day work weeks from 7:20am -6:30 pm with alternating weekends required. Ideal candidate must be a team player, have excellent communication and active listening skills. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental, 401K, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, vacation and sick time, and pet care benefits.
Candidates should be proficient in the following skills:
Client communication and education
Venipuncture and IV catheter placement
Laboratory analysis to include fecal analysis, microscopic urinalysis, ear and skin cytologies
Avimark software knowledge
Minimum of five years experience as an veterinary assistant
Enrollment in an accredited veterinary technology program is helpful
Job Type: Full-time
• Must be 18yrs old or older
• Must be a self-starter, able to multitask and a team player.
• Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
• 2 years of experience required
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job. Work requires lifting, carrying and restraining animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs.). Should be able to lift 40lbs on own.
. Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent or squatting position.
. Is experienced in the teamwork approach and works well with all levels of hospital team members.
If you are passionate about animals and are interested in joining a team of highly devoted animal advocates, our hospital may be the right fit for you.
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States