The veterinary assistant is the entire team’s primary support. Every department relies on their significant role in aiding with a variety of services to provide excellent client and patient care.
Job Description Overview:
. Assist with patient care and treatment
. Monitor hospitalized horses/ Monitor/aid in caring for horses after surgery
• Aiding with routine diagnostic tests (i.e. assist in taking radiographs, running bloodwork, reading fecal)
• Maintain & sterilize surgical instruments/equipment
• Clean/Disinfect treatment areas of hospital
• Administering medications under Veterinarian supervision
• Aid in billing clients during appointments
• Customer service
• Must be 18yrs old or older
• Must be a self-starter, able to multitask and a team player.
• Excellent horsemanship.
• Knowledge of veterinary medicine a plus!
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job. Work requires lifting, carrying. Be able to handle all types of horses.
. Walk or stand for extended periods or time.
. Is experienced in the teamwork approach and works well with all levels of hospital team members.
If you are passionate about veterinary medicine and are interested in joining a team with a strong work ethic, our hospital may be the right fit for you.
Selma, Texas, United States