Hawthorne Park Animal Care Center in Bloomington, IL seeks an experienced (FT) Small Animal Veterinarian who is eager to help continue the success of our established hospital!
Hawthorne Park Animal Care Center is located in the established growing Bloomington, Illinois area. Our hospital practices progressive, high quality medicine and our new Veterinarian must be committed to continue following the growing standards and protocols in our industry. At Hawthorne Park Animal Care Center, we are proud of our quaint family-like hospital and are a close knit group that values our client relationships. We have a fun energetic staff, who all posses a patient focused work ethic. Our hospital culture is well established and our clientele is able to see and feel the passion we bring daily.
More information at https://www.hawthorneparkvet.com/
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Full in-house laboratory for urinalysis, fecal and diagnostics containing a Abaxis as well as a close association with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories.
- In house ECG, tonometry and blood pressure.
- Digital Radiography & Dental Radiography
- Midmark Dental machine containing an ultrasonic scaler, polisher and high speed drill.
- Isoflurane anesthesia.
- Our surgical patients are monitored and maintained with a Cardell multi-parameter anesthetic monitor.
- Complete pharmacy of established pharmaceuticals as well as prescription diet formulas.
- We utilize Avimark practice management software.
- Laser Therapy and Hydrotherapy
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients. Generous continuing education/dues/licensing allowance, vacation, and 401K will be provided for the Associate Veterinarian.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Advanced skills in soft tissue, orthopedic, and dental/oral surgery are highly sought after.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- 2-3 years minimum experience in small animal medical and surgical practice preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Bloomington, Illinois, United States