Tasmania has widely been considered a remote island, it’s huge cliffs mark the last frontier before Antarctica, and ancient forests wriggle with mysterious creatures, not seen on the mainland. But Tasmania is much more than just an island with rugged mountains with world heritage listed wilderness and shimmering water. From wine, beer and food festivals to hot-ticket arts and music events, Tasmania packs can pack a lot of things into your social calendar.
Hobart as its capital is a beautiful city combining distinguished old buildings with a vibrant culture, offering the convenience of city living without the traffic and noise hassles of other capital cities.
- Hobart is Australia’s second-oldest city, Hobart sits at the foothills of Mt Wellington and on the Derwent River.
- The town’s rich cache of colonial architecture and natural charms are complemented by innovative festivals, eclectic markets and world-class food and drink experiences.
- Hobart has a stress-free way of life, cool climate and close access to world heritage wilderness parks and reserves.
- Not far past the outskirts of town are some great beaches, alpine areas and historic villages.
- MONA, Hobart’s dizzyingly good Museum of Old and New Art, which has vehemently stamped Tasmania onto the global cultural map.
- With a mild climate, you will experience 4 distinct seasons. Enjoy mild summers with max temperatures in the mid-30s.
- Hobart has some of the best schools in Australia. The University of Tasmania is the fourth oldest University in Australia and is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide.
Our Veterinary Clinic:
- Our 7.5 vet practice is situated in Greater Hobart.
- Our caseload of 90-95% small animal, with the large animal component being a true mix of species – all types of ruminants and a growing equine component (with the odd pig thrown in), as well as native wildlife.
- We have a proud history of supporting our clients and their pets in the Hobart region since 1978, during that time we have grown, remodelled our Montrose Animal hospital and rebuilt our New Norfolk Veterinary clinic.
- Our purpose-built centres ensure we can provide quality care to our patients, we offer well equipped consulting rooms, surgical suites and rehabilitation facilities.
- We have invested heavily to ensure our vets have the best equipment to run diagnostic work ups for our patients. Our equipment includes in house blood analysers and microscopy and a range of imaging technology – radiography, ultrasound and endoscopy.
- Plenty of parking for clients.
- Across we 2 centres we have 25 staff, including veterinarians, veterinary nurses and receptionists.
- The two clinics are open 7 days and 5 days a week respectively.
Your new role:
- You will be a 1+ year PQE veterinarian who is looking for the opportunity to develop your GP skills and enjoy doing thorough diagnostic work ups and surgical cases. Confident recent graduates welcome to apply!
- Work with a team of Vets who bring strong skills in medicine and soft tissue surgery.
- Work in a family/lifestyle friendly work environment.
- A clinic where your drive and hard work ethic is appreciated.
- An above award salary that is reflective of your skills and willingness to learn.
- Attractive benefits and salary packaging, including CPD allowance, in house mental health and general well-being workshops (to name a few) and an Employee Assistance Program
- VISA, relocation support and allowances provided to successful non-local and Overseas Veterinarians
What are you waiting for?
If we have ticked off your checklist for a new position then we would love to share our great clinic, and the great amenities and services, not to mention some of the most beautiful beaches our region has to offer.
Earliest Start Date:
Satellite location #1