The Medical Director is responsible for setting the highest standard of care and working with doctor teams to achieve that standard. Regional Medical Directors team with Regional Operations Director to develop the team, drive the hospitals towards best practices and lead them to pursue excellence in client and patient care. This position territory will cover the Alabama territory.
- Develop strong working relationships with Regional Operations Director(s), veterinary teams and hospital managers to drive hospitals to greater continuity, teamwork and best practices.
- Work with doctors to set development plans and conduct formal annual reviews. Conduct frequent evaluations in areas of need to support a doctor through a development plan.
- Encourage hospital doctors to develop and coach paraprofessional staff to be highly competent and efficient teams.
- Recruit and onboard new veterinarians to ensure fully staffed hospital teams.
- Develop veterinary leaders and mentors within each hospital.
- Work with hospital doctor teams to evaluate skill level, strengths, and opportunities in:
1) Medical proficiency
2) Surgical proficiency
3) Client communication
4) Medical charting
5) Charging for services
- Conduct quarterly one-on-one meetings with DVMs to review individual production
- Participate in monthly doctor meetings with individual hospital teams to discuss best practices, hospital workflows and any changes required to achieve the SVP standard of care.
- Work with doctor teams to make decisions regarding medicines stocked in the hospital and recommended to clients.
- Ensure doctors hold themselves accountable to SVP standard of patient care.
- Hold self to highest standard by attending 30-40 hours of CE annually.
- Supervise the intern and extern programs to ensure a positive experience for students
- Represent SVP at the Veterinary Colleges in their geography
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal and DEA regulations
- Collaborate with Regional Operations Director and Doctor team to prioritize medical equipment and other capital expense needs
- Assist Regional Operations Directors in resolving doctor scheduling conflicts
- Perform other duties assigned.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Experience managing multi-site, veterinary hospitals.
- Hospital ownership or lead veterinary experience.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Location in Atlanta or the surrounding area.
Southern Veterinary Partners is an exciting, rapidly growing company dedicated to improving lives through personalized care. This serves the foundation for every decision that we make from striving to exceptional client service to having the best people, processes, knowledge and tools that allow us to be better today than we were yesterday. As part of the SVP team, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of our organization.
As a full-time SVP team member, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits to include: Health Care Plan (medical, dental & vision), Retirement Plan to ensure your future self is covered too, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (vacation & public holidays) because we work hard and play hard, Telemedicine for when life throws you lemons, Short-Term Disability for when life throws you more lemons, Discounted Veterinary Care for your four-legged family members, and more! Our growth makes every day exciting, allowing you to make a tangible and valuable impact on the business of over 125 veterinary hospitals.
Earliest Start Date:
Birmingham, Alabama, United States