- Mixed Veterinarian
- Full time
KORUMBURRA – KOOWEERUP VETERINARY CLINICS HAVE A VACANCY FOR A MIXED PRACTICE VETERINARIAN | 50% small 50% large
THE POSITION: Korumburra-Kooweerup Veterinary Clinics are seeking a keen and enthusiastic mixed animal veterinarian to join our 7-vet mixed animal practice who is willing to give 100% in order to excel in their professional career. We offer support for special interests and provide you with a dedicated team of nursing and support staff. Depending on your level of experience we are flexible with the large and small animal component mix, there is also some flexibility with days and hours worked. If you are an experienced cattle veterinarian we would like to hear from you, even if you are looking for a short-term position.
Our case load varies from 50% small animal and 50% large animal to 60% small animal and 40% large animals and vice-versa depending on the time of year. We offer a full range of on farm services from pregnancy testing, using EasiScan ultrasounds, fertility testing, herd health, cattle surgery and medicine. In clinic services include reproduction services such as trans cervical insemination and caesarean’s, radiology, ultrasonography, in house pathology, orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, and health checks for all creatures.
We are located in beautiful South Gippsland, just over an hour’s drive south of Melbourne, ½ an hour from pristine beaches, and close to excellent educational, medical and sporting facilities. The local community has a wide variety of clubs and associations that welcome new members. If you are looking for a true country lifestyle within easy reach of the city this could be for you.
Our team of dedicated professionals are friendly and compassionate towards their patients, clients and fellow team members. You will be on our after-hours roster one night each week and work 1 weekend in 5 with a paid RDO. A fully equipped vehicle is supplied, with one-week study leave, four weeks annual leave plus leave loading, and superannuation.
THE PERSON: We are looking for an enthusiastic person who possesses a high standard of patient/client care with well consolidated clinical and communication skills that can be transposed to all aspect of our business. If you feel you can offer our business these skills, a great work ethic with a focus on team work, and are able to start mid-November or later, then we would like to hear from you. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- Our vision is to build exceptional client relationships offering a competitive, professional and personal service that understands the human-animal bond.
- We aim to be an employer of choice by offering personal and professional development along with flexibility in a caring and friendly work environment.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Our practice is well equipped with the latest in house Idexx machine, digital x-ray, various ultrasounds for cattle and small animals, horse crush, surgivet monitor, Im3 dental machine, and endoscopes.
- The computer system is VisionVpm which supports automatic laboratory result downloads and many more features too numerous to list.
- Continuing education and support from a team of experienced veterinarians and nursing staff.
- 2 paid RDO’s after a full weekend on call.
- Mixed rotation through large animal consults, surgical and small animal consults to enable you to experience a variety of cases and surgical procedures. You can take on your own cases and build strong client relationships by having regular consultation days.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent currently/or able to be registered with the Veterinary Board of Victoria
- Competent and efficient general medical and surgical practitioner
- An enthusiastic, caring, empathetic and determined work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that can be transposed to all stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills