Village East Animal Hospital, located in Evansville, IN, is seeking a Managing Veterinarian (MDVM) to join our team.
Joint Venture / Buy-In Opportunity – 10% ownership opportunity
Up to $50,000 in guaranteed bonuses. See below for more details…
Village East Animal Hospital is a well-established, full service hospital with a respected reputation and loyal clientele. Our team strives to stay progressive and practice excellent medicine in a friendly environment of companion animal care and client service! Ideal candidate will have an interest in dentistry, ultrasound, a passion for surgery, and a strong desire to work in a dynamic hospital offering an opportunity for growth while practicing progressive medicine. We are a 5 doctor practice with over 130 years of combined experience and are happy to assist while supporting and encouraging our new associates’ independence.
The Managing Doctor is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing Doctor is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing Doctor is responsible for the financial performance and general operations of the hospital under the guidance of Divisional Leadership. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing Doctor are responsible for cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
- Establishes medical protocols.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
- Monitors Doctor performance and production.
- Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
- Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
- Monitors key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
- Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
- Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
- Competitive salary
- Insurance- Medical, Dental, Vision, Malpractice, Disability
- 401K plans
- Continuing education allowance
- Employee Discounts
- Paid dues for AVMA, IVMA, State license and DEA dues
- Paid Vacation
Incentive Offers – (Choose 2 of the following)
- $10,000+ sign-on bonus
- $15,000+ student loan assistance
- Additional CE dollars to pursue special interest (acupuncture, dentistry, exotics)
- $10,000+ Retention bonus
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Indiana
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members.
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
About our Hospital
We are always looking to improve patient care through technological advances – Our equipment includes:
- Dedicated surgical suite
- Heated recovery cages and warming iv fluids system
- Excellent surgical monitoring system
- Companion Animal Therapeutic Laser
- Digital Radiology
- Pet Rays telemedicine consultation
- Echo and ultrasound service
- EKG telemedicine with cardiologist.
- Full line pharmacy
- In house laboratory for selected blood chemistries
- Access to referral laboratory services, offering same day results
- Dedicated and fully equipped dental suite
- Digital dental radiology
- 2 high speed dental units
- Bair Hugger patient warming system
- AVI Mark software
- Spacious boarding accommodations
- 5 exam rooms, treatment, lounge and conference areas
- Access to national lab with courier service, twice daily, offering same-day results
More information at http://www.villageeastanimalhospital.com
About Evansville, Indiana
Evansville is in southwestern Indiana and is the states’ third-largest city with a population of 120,000. Located on the Ohio River, Evansville is close to the Hoosier National Forest, multiple caves systems, lakes and rivers, ideal for outdoor enthusiast and families who enjoy hiking, camping, kayaking and horseback riding. Evansville is the entertainment hub of the Illinois-Indiana-Kentucky tri-state area offering live performances, museums, casino and zoo. Evansville is within a few hours of Indianapolis, St. Louis, Louisville and Nashville.