Veterinary Services in Fort Wayne, IN seeks to hire a Managing Doctor (DVM)!
Vet Services is full service, small animal veterinary clinic (dogs, cats, and rabbits) located on the North side of Fort Wayne, IN. We are looking to add an Associate and Managing Veterinarian to join our growing team. We strive to keep a relaxed and friendly culture , and personable work environment in which all employees feel valued because each member of our team is important to the hospital.
The Managing Doctor is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing Doctor is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing Doctor is responsible for the financial performance and general operations of the hospital under the guidance of Divisional Leadership. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing Doctor are responsible for cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
- Establishes medical protocols.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
- Monitors Doctor performance and production.
- Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
- Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
- Monitors key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
- Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
- Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
- Competitive salary
- Insurance- Medical, Dental, Vision, Malpractice, Disability
- 401K plans
- Continuing education allowance
- Paid dues for AVMA, IVMA, State license and DEA dues
- Paid Vacation
Incentive Offers – (Choose 2 of the following)
- $10,000 sign on bonus for Associate Veterinarian with 1+ years of experience
- $15,000 student loan assistance to new graduates
- $500 additional CE dollars to pursue special interest (acupuncture, dentistry, exotics)
- $10,000 Retention bonus for 3 years
- best zoo in the U.S. by Trip Advisor. The pass also gives you discounts on other zoos through out the U.S.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university – required
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Indiana by start date – required
- 3 years of experience as Veterinarian – preferred
- 1 year of supervisory experience in a similar capacity – preferred
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is a policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States