We at The Pet Vet on Patton, in the beautiful mountains of Asheville, North Carolina, have assembled an expert team of veterinary professionals to bring the best possible healthcare to our clients pets. We have a state-of-the-art veterinary facility that is clean, comfortable, and efficient. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
The Veterinarian is responsible for providing high quality care to our patients while also developing rapport with their owners. In addition to physical examinations, surgeries, and dentistry, client communication and client education are of the upmost importance. It’s important that SVP Veterinarians treat each pet and client like part of the family.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Responsible for the ongoing evaluation and management of clinical practices as well as the delivery of patient care.
- Responsible for monitoring associate doctor performance and production.
- In conjunction with hospital manager, helps drive financial performance of the hospital including revenue generation and expense management.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of North Carolina
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience, preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a veterinarian, required
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Have the ability to lead the team through a variety of cases
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Must be proficient in surgery
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Earliest Start Date:
Asheville, North Carolina, United States