Our veterinary hospital is seeking a full time kennel person to join our pet care team. The position is both enjoyable and challenging. You will be responsible for caring for someone’s “baby”, and we take that responsibility very seriously. We will provide training for the right person, but you must have, as a personality trait, a true love for pets.
Our schedule is challenging with 3 days working 7:20am — 5:30pm, one half day and a rotating Saturday schedule 8:00am –1:00pm. Kennel technicians are also on a rotating weekend schedule to take care of boarding patients on Saturday nights, Sunday mornings, and Sunday nights. You will always have a day off during the work week. We have the pleasure of offering several benefits to full-time hires, including medical and dental insurance (among several others), 401k, vacation and PTO, and a fantastic team. Our salaries are as high as any in our area and we expect to pay top performers well. Previous experience is a plus. No smoking during scheduled work hours. Please send your resume, or feel welcome to stop by the clinic during business hours to fill out an application.
The purpose of this position is to provide for the daily care of boarding pets and pets presented for baths. This includes feeding, watering, cleaning, walking, bathing, medicating, and monitoring the wellbeing of dogs, cats and, occasionally, other companion animals. This position requires a love of animals and the ability to warmly welcome and compassionately care for a wide variety of pets. It should always be remembered, while our patients are pets, our clients are people and your people skills are just as important as your love of pets.
The kennel technician administers medications to and bathes pets, including those that are fearful and/or aggressive. The team member monitors pets for signs of distress or disease and provides for the comfort of pets and sanitation of the facility by keeping the kennel area and grounds clean and odor-free. Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste, and contagious diseases.
• Provides compassionate patient care, including keeping patients clean, dry, and comfortable and alerting hospital to changes in patients’ condition while boarding. Look at your boarding patients! Often!
• Keeps kennel and grounds clean, orderly, odor free and clutter-free.
• Walks boarding pets in our enclosed yard at least twice daily in a safe, controlled manner.
• Removes trash, sweeps, and mops daily as needed for meticulous cleanliness and odor control.
• Launders bedding and linens.
• Stocks supplies as needed.
• Keeps track of pets’ personal items: leashes, food, medications, etc.
• Attends staff meetings.
• Obtains accurate health and vaccination history for all boarding and grooming patients.
• Obtains information from owner regarding pet’s medical needs and communicates it to the appropriate hospital staff.
• Obtains and documents information regarding accurate medications and administration, communicating that information to the appropriate hospital staff.
• Obtains and documents information concerning grooming services desired by clients.
• Places appointment-reminder phone calls, and provides clients with pre-appointment information or instructions.
• Communicates medical recommendations and reviews treatment plans with clients when services are due for admitted patients.
Gulfport, Mississippi, United States