Arizona Veterinary and Critical Care Center is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our growing team!
The Human Resource Manager will partner with AVECCC’s Senior Hospital Manager to provide HR assistance for both our Peoria and Gilbert locations. AVECCC is a leading provider of veterinary emergency and critical care services in the Phoenix-area. This role will mainly sit at the Gilbert location, but will need to be open to travel between both hospitals.
For more information about our hospital, please visit our website: https://www.azervets.com/ .
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for a variety of functions including but not limited to:
Hiring and Terminations
• Partner with the leadership team to support recruiting via placing employment ads, phone screening, setting interviews for Hospital Leadership, etc.
• Partner as needed with the leadership team to support challenging scenarios such as understaffing, mediating disputes, terminations, and disciplinary action.
• Exit interviews
Payroll and Benefits
• Payroll processing
• Inputting benefit deductions
• Provides information and facilitates employees’ enrollment regarding company benefits.
• 401k administration and enrollment
• Benefits renewal process
• Conducts routine facility visits to build and maintain relationships with teams, get a pulse on our culture and engagement levels, deliver content to build interpersonal, leadership and people skills.
• Work with managers and leadership team to optimize team development, strategize and advise on culture, engagement, development and retention.
• Ensure HR legal and corporate compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable requirements; conducting inquiries; documenting and properly storing records.
• Solicit and listen to employee concerns. Lead employee relations and coach others through effective conflict resolution and investigations activities.
• Identify employee relations issues and work with the leadership team to address effective solutions.
• Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
• Support leadership team in developing and communicating plans to address areas of improvement.
• Flexible work schedule with the expectation of working 40 hours per week at either location. Allocating additional time at the hospital with the greatest need.
Interprets HR policies, procedures, laws standards and regulations; advises leadership teams on appropriate actions and recommends next steps.
Partner with the leadership team to facilitate, communicate and implement HR programs, policies and other roll outs that support business goals and drive results while ensuring compliance with state/federal regulations.
• Three to five years’ experience in Human Resources
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources management, business principles, relevant legislation and regulations, legal requirements, and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR related field
• SHRM or HRCI certification and/or 5 years experience in human resources management preferred. Proficient knowledge of HR laws, policies and procedures. Familiarity with AZ labor laws and plus.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Knowledge of common computer programs, such as Gmail, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Individuals should be professional and approachable, but also discreet, fair, tactful and firm.
• Strong detail orientation and time management skills.
• Self directed with ability to effectively multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong problem solving and follow up skills.
• Willingness/ability to drive to multiple locations (currently Gilbert and Peoria).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Gilbert, Arizona, United States