Pampered Paws is a busy Animal Hospital and Pet Resort in need of flexible Client Service Representatives to maintain the front desks.
Job Description: This position requires a great amount of flexibility. The Client Service Representative serves clients by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; by notifying veterinary staff of patient arrivals; and by answering telephone inquiries. The Administrative Assistant maintains: patient records and medical information; a positive and professional relationship between the veterinary hospital and its clients/patients; and a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. In addition, the Client Service Reprsentive is responsible for maintaining the continuity of the team by documenting all client communications, patient activities and continuing needs. The Administrative Assistant contributes to team effort by accomplishing daily duties. Client Service Representatives work in both the Hospital and the Pet Resort. Below is a list of major duties associated with each aspect of this position.
Requirements for this position:
Must have a genuine love of animals; attention to detail; a positive attitude; the ability to take constructive criticism; be efficient; be a team player, provide exceptional client service; ensure the security and safety of all pets; f ollow directions with and without supervision; lift objects or pets at least 50lbs; have the ability to recognize certain behaviors in animals; the ability to learn and understand basic medical terminology and minor procedures; the ability to ask questions when a task is unclear; the ability to show leadership; be self motivated; and have the ability to work with computers, veterinary equipment, basic office equipment and cleaning equipment. Must have excellent telephone and verbal communication skills, basic computer knowledge, listening skills, and professionalism. Must be organized, have the ability to mutli-task, and be reliable and responsible.
Persons to report to: Client Care Coordinator, Resort Manager, General Manager, and Veterinarian .
Customer Service Responsibilities – filing and maintaining client records; appropriate record keeping; knowledge of computer system; filling prescriptions (with technician direction); assisting clients with multiple pets or large purchases; bringing up patients following discharge instructions; and maintaining compassion, sympathy and professionalism during high-stress situations.
• Greet clients and pets by name. Know sex of pet. Never call pet “it”.
• Maintain sign in sheets and keep writing instruments handy.
• Inform clients of expected waiting time if Dr Wellman or Dr. Crump is behind schedule.
• Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the waiting room, the reception area, and the front porch. Report any needed repairs to the appropriate person.
• Re-stock products and office supplies as needed. Notify appropriate person of low inventory.
• Receive all incoming calls by two rings.
• Screen and direct calls to appropriate staff member.
• Record complete phone messages.
• Follow up with client inquiries.
• Schedule appointments.
• Make boarding reservations.
• Confirm appointments, reminding clients of time and required care.
• Answer questions regarding the status of hospitalized patients as directed by Veterinarian or Head Nurse.
• Respond to routine medical care questions, such as vaccination protocols, de-worming, pre-surgery care requirements, heartworm prevention and treatment, flea treatment, etc.
• Respond to routine inquiries about boarding, such as prices, policies, drop-off/pick- up times.
• Provide plan estimates for boarding, routine surgeries, vaccinations, and examinations.
• Re-schedule missed appointments.
Files and Correspondence
• Create cover sheets for daily scheduled appointments.
• Enter complete client and patient information in computer.
• After client visit, double-check log looking for spelling errors and any mistakes.
• Prepare appropriate cage cards for all boarding, day- care, bath, and drop off appointments.
• Complete all scanning and attach files.
• Prepare welcome postcards, thank you letters, condolences, and other correspondence for the doctor or managers as needed.
• Copy and mail or fax patient records at client request.
• Use Intravet software to accurately and efficiently search for information.
• Assist clients with completing boarding release forms and anesthesia consent forms and verify client and patient information.
• Enter patient charges using appropriate codes.
• Schedule recheck appointments as directed by veterinarian.
• Prepare invoices and receive payments.
• Ensure all clients pay for services at the time they are performed.
• Enter payments accurately.
• Reconcile cash drawer and credit card batches daily.
• Print daily computer reports and complete close-out, including backing up data.
Client Care Responsibilities
• Receive clients as they arrive, and establish the purpose of each visit.
• Complete all transactions courteously and efficiently.
• Ensure that each patient receives the care his owner requests.
• Maintain a professional attitude at all times, and politely address all client concerns.
• Adhere to all PPAH directives and protocols and maintain the highest ethical, moral, and professional standards.
• Act responsibly to build your reputation in the community and enhance the reputation of the hospital and your colleagues.
• Maintain a professional appearance.
• Maintain a professional, courteous attitude.
• Ensure a pleasant, respectful, and productive doctor-staff and staff-staff relationship.
• Support the value of all hospital services.
• Assist emotional and/or grieving clients without undue stress.
Oxford, Mississippi, United States