CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
The Client Services Specialist is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Hospital Manager and supporting medical staff to provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a smooth and efficient flow of clients and patients through the animal hospital.
• Responsible for greeting clients, determining the needs of the clients and patients, and completing the check-in and check-out process. Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Follows established policy and procedures in scheduling clients for prompt treatment of ill and/or injured patients, as well as proper scheduling of patients in need of vaccinations, rechecks, surgeries, in-hospital procedures, and other services that require the doctors’ and technicians’ time.
• Helps with client reminders for annual health assessments, parasite checks, dentistry, senior care, etc.
• Pulls patient charts for daily scheduled appointments and collects information to make necessary updates, including the creation of new charts, when appropriate.
• Assists technician in filling prescriptions with appropriate medication and providing routine instructions to owners on the proper administration of the medication.
• Performs over-the-counter sales of merchandise such as food and special diets, shampoos, flea and tick control products, heartworm, etc. Demonstrates a technical knowledge of products and is capable of assisting clients with their product needs.
• Invoices clients, collects fees, makes change, imprints credit card forms, and obtains authorization for credit charges following the credit policies of the hospital.
• Demonstrates basic emergency procedures and can give proper information on transporting the patient to the hospital. Responsible for advising hospital staff about incoming emergencies.
• Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the waiting room and reception area, including re-stocking of products, office supplies, client educational materials, hospital brochures, etc.
• Prepares and sends welcome letters, new client information packets, referral and thank you letters, condolences, long wait notes, and other correspondence for the doctors and/or Hospital Manager.
• Demonstrates a full working knowledge of PIMS procedures and functional applications.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Prior client service experience in related area preferred but not required
• Proper telephone etiquette and client service excellence
• Basic veterinary medical knowledge, including products and services
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, e-mail, and practice management software experience preferred)
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and still attend to details
Mason, Ohio, United States