Animal Medical Center Copperas Cove is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice! We have been providing veterinary care in the community for over 30 years and we strive to make our client’s and patient’s experience as comfortable and friendly as possible. New graduates are encouraged to apply and benefit from the mentoring they will receive in orthopedic, neurology, soft tissue surgery and internal medicine. AMC is a progressive practice in the Heart of Texas with state of art medicine and equipment.
What sets us apart?
• We are a 4400 sq. ft stand-alone clinic with a dedicated sx suite and separate dental suite.
• Our equipment consists of dental radiography, digital radiography, a newly renovated dental suite, ultrasound, CT machine, orthopedic equipment, endoscopy equipment, in-house laboratory facility and referral lab, anesthetic equipment, IV pumps, and warming units.
• Our medical records are kept electronically and we provide our clients access to their medical records via an app where that can also request appointments and medication refills. Our app also has a loyalty function to reward our clients for coming to see us.
• Our community has a centrally located ER clinic that we utilize for after hour emergencies. This affords our doctors a home and work balance.
• We are a 4 DVM small animal GP practice with 27 years of AAHA accreditation.
• Associates work 4-4.5 days per week with a 1.5 hour lunch block and rotating Saturday shifts (8am – 12pm).
• $20,000 sign on Bonus
• Compensation 100k +
• Continuing education allowance
• Paid dues and licensure for Texas
• Paid vacation
• Medical Insurance /401K plan match
About Copperas Cove, TX
Copperas Cove, located just 30 minutes from the Belton/Temple area is a wonderful place to call home! Recreation is bountiful in Copperas Cove. The city park, with meandering creeks running through tree shaded grounds, has a picnic area, swimming pool, tennis court, and plenty of room for baseball games, soccer and enjoying a lazy afternoon. Copperas Cove boasts an 18-hole golf course and clubhouse, seven parks- two with public swimming pools and a modern public library. Copperas Cove, just 1 hour North of the Austin metropolitan area, offers a close option for big city thrills and small town living.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills And Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Texas.
• Strong interest in performing surgical and dental procedures
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled veteran
Copperas Cove, Texas, United States