Pusch Ridge Pet Clinic in Oro Valley, Arizona is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our dynamic team! We are open to new graduates!
Located just north of Tucson, Pusch Ridge Pet Clinic was established in 2010. Our actions and motivations are guided by simple principles: Love for pets, the people we’re with, and the things we do. As a result of the many clients who share our vision, our practice has continued to grow. Now comprised of 3 veterinarians and nearly 10 support staff, we aim to know each person and pet as an individual. We believe the clients and pets are more than just a case number. Accordingly, we have designed an intimate and personal practice where we partner with pet owners to improve their pets’ quality of living.
- Avimark computer system
- Well-trained support staff
- Fully-stocked dispensing pharmacy
- IDEXX Reference Lab
- Digital x-ray with IDEXX Paccs System
- Board-Certified Ultrasonagrapher available
- Nearby emergency clinic and veterinary specialists to provide referral and after hours support
Find more information at puschridgepetclinic.com !
About our Community
Oro Valley is approximately 3 miles north of Tucson city limits. It is nestled between the Catalina and Tortolita mountain ranges with plentiful opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, tennis, and golf. The town encompasses 36 square miles and has a population of 41,000. Oro Valley has received the following accolades:
- One of America’s 10 Safest Suburbs, Movoto Real Estate, 2014
- Best Place in Arizona to Raise Kids, Bloomberg Business Week, 2013
- 10 Best Towns for Families, Family Circle Magazine, August 2008
- 100 Best Places in America to Live and Launch, Fortune Small Business Magazine, April 2008
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or related degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively
- Manages time and tasks appropriately
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Oro Valley, Arizona, United States