Towne North Animal Hospital located in San Antonio, TX is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Established in 1984, Towne North Animal Hospital is a progressive, well-equipped small animal hospital located in north central San Antonio, TX. We are a full service hospital with a high focus on dental care, pain management and preventative care. Our practice has a close relationship with a local specialty hospital for advanced work-ups and surgery, along with ultrasound and other diagnostics, when needed. We primarily treat dogs and cats, but would welcome a doctor that also had an interest in pocket pets! We’re lucky to have loyal clients who continually allow us to care for their pets and provide us referrals!
Please visit our Facebook page or our website at www.townenorth.com .
Our practice has:
- Idexx Procyte and Catalyst in house machines. Both Idexx and Antech available for clinical and pathology diagnostics.
- Digital radiographs with Dragonfly software
- Dentalaire dental unit with new Midmark dental x-ray unit
- Anesthesia monitoring equipment
- MLS Multiwave cold laser therapy unit
San Antonio has always been a big city with a small town feel! We enjoy many attractions such as the Riverwalk, the Alamo, Sea World, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. We have great shopping and dining experiences available across the city! San Antonio is an easy drive from the Texas Hill Country and the great beaches of our Texas coast!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Texas.
- At least one year of practice experience preferred.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
If you are looking for an excellent practice, with unmatched growth potential, we want to hear from you! Please apply today!
Earliest Start Date:
San Antonio, Texas, United States