Cedarwood Veterinary Clinic in Santa Fe, NM is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our growing team.
Located within the heart of Santa Fe, New Mexico, Cedarwood is a smaller family style practice dedicated to serving our community. We have had the pleasure of being here for over 30 years and are looking to grow our well established three veterinarian hospital.
For more information, please visit our website at: http://www.cedarwoodvetclinic.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Oldest continuously active practice in the city with multi-generational clientele.
- Well located on one of the city’s busiest commercial thoroughfares.
- Four exam rooms, full dental suite, surgical suite.
- Well-equipped practice with full IDEXX laboratory equipment and reference resources.
- Complete pharmaceutical inventory.
- Avimark software; easy conversion to EMR.
- State of the art anesthesia and pain controls.
- Emergency services available within 2 miles of practice. Board certified ultrasonographer available for in clinic procedures.
- Digital dental and full body radiograph equipment.
At 7,000 ft. elevation, Santa Fe is a unique high desert city of nearly 70,000 people in northern New Mexico. It is also referred to as the “City Different’. It is a place rich in cultural diversity, with a history of over 400 years. Santa Fe is the oldest capitol in the U.S. For outdoor enthusiasts, the area boasts excellent skiing, hiking, rafting, fishing, golf, cycling, and exploring the diverse landscape. The city offers world-class dining, accommodations, and spas, and is known for its art galleries, museums, and the Santa Fe Opera, all of which attracts a dynamic and interesting population. The high and dry mild climate is invigorating and has over 330 days of sunshine a year.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.