Associate Veterinarian in Sandwich, IL (Southwestern Suburb of Chicago)
Sandwich Veterinary Hospital is a busy 6-doctor hospital looking to add a full-time Veterinary Associate to our dedicated and professional team. We treat small and large animals with the exception of equine. The client and their pet are not part of our practice- they are part of our FAMILY. You can practice the most up to date medicine during office hours with the benefits of never being on-call after hours. The managing team emphasizes veterinary wellness as a top priority and values of self-care.
About the Hospital:
- Surgery, dentistry, dermatology and ER services provided
- We have 5 exam rooms, a large treatment area, surgical suite, client waiting areas and a full boarding facility
- In-house laboratory
- Close working relationship with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories at IDEXX, the University of Illinois and VCA Aurora (local referral center located about 18 miles away)
- Scil Digital x-ray equipment
- Digital dental x-ray equipment and ultrasonic dental equipment
- Surgical anesthetic monitoring
- Complete pharmacy on site
- Laser Surgery
- EKG & Tonopen.
- We offer Paw Plans (Pet annual wellness plans) that offer significant discounts on preventative services and allow the client to spread the cost over 12 months.
Desired experience with:
- Preventative care
- Sick Animal Appointments
- Proficient in routine and advanced small animal medicine however we do have a very small amount of ruminant/swine work if interested (not required)
- Highly competitive base salary
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short term/Long Term disability
- Bonus Program
- 401 (K) plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and paid holidays
- State License and DEA- we will pay the renewal costs
For more information www.sandwichvet.com
Located just an hour southwest of Chicago, you can easily enjoy the excitement of visit the city, with the comfort of practicing in a peaceful, friendly small-town atmosphere
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Sandwich, Illinois, United States