We’re looking for an Associate DVM to join our team at Portland Veterinary Wellness Center and focus on prompt care! Join us as we continue our pursuit of, and commitment to, accessible and compassionate care, progressive medicine, innovation, and collaboration! We’re on an exciting path to rebrand the hospital to reflect the culture our clients, pets, and team have grown to love. . .
Part time offered! Week-ends offered!
Portland Veterinary Wellness Center is a well-established full service general practice clinic providing comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care for dog, cats, and exotics. We have just completed a renovation, updating and refreshing the clinic, and adding exam rooms for improved workflow and DVM mentorship. Our team is committed to the mission of helping pets and people live longer, healthier and happier lives together!
What we’re most proud of:
Job Summary for our Prompt Care DVM
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Portland, Oregon, United States