University Animal Hospital, established in the Orlando area for almost 30 years, is searching for our next Associate Veterinarian to join our growing team!
Our clinicians benefit from the support of a collaborative team environment that highlights each DVM’s strengths. We have a strong focus on wellness, advanced soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, and state of the art dentistry. Our goals are clear: to improve the comfort and well-being of all our patients with progressive and compassionate care, and to provide the highest level of client experience with a special focus on client education. Our ideal candidate will have > 1 year of clinical experience, be compassionate with patients, and warm and engaging with clients and staff.
About our practice:
- Bright, open and modern facility
- Diagnostic quality ultrasound
- Digital radiography
- Advanced dental equipment including digital dental radiography
- Advanced soft tissue and orthopedic surgery
- Wellness Plans
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a current license of veterinary medicine and documentation of required hours of continuing education credits per calendar year.
- Oversees surgical and medical cases of patients, insuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates and client communication and education.
- Properly assesses patient needs and presents an accurate estimate of care costs to the client in advance of treatment.
- Maintains accurate and complete electronic medical records.
- Provides follow up on patient care, condition and communicates regularly with the client, keeping them appraised on the care needs of the patient.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor as appropriate.
- Maintains and improves quality of medical and surgical procedures.
- Answers client questions and complaints regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Follows the Board of Veterinary Medicine requirements for the inventory of all controlled drugs.
- Is accountable regarding laws and regulations pertaining to the practice of veterinary medicine and veterinary facilities.
- Is in good standing with the State Board of Veterinary Medicine.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
About the area:
We are located in central Florida with so much to do! A quick trip and you can be at two different coastal beaches, major theme parks, variety of colleges, multiple springs and state parks. There are many diverse cultures to immerse yourself in.
University Animal Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Earliest Start Date:
Orlando, Florida, United States