Vinton Veterinary Hospital, located in Vinton, Virginia, is seeking an Assistant Hospital Manager to Join our Team
The Assistant Veterinary Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team, reporting to the Hospital Manager. The Assistant Hospital Manager supports the Hospital Manager and the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Supports the Hospital Leadership Team in Leadership and Planning
• Work cohesively with the Hospital Manager to establish, set, and execute goals.
• Acts a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
• Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
• Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget
Supports the Hospital Leadership Team in Operations
• Performs quality checks and reviews client files.
• Monitors computer issues and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
• Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
• Oversees employee benefit program and hospital insurance plans.
Supports the Hospital Leadership Team in People Management
• Manages staff, including boarding and grooming staff
• Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
Supports the Hospital Leadership Team in Client Service
• Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service.
• Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
• Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts.
Supports the Hospital Leadership Team in Financial
• Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
• Manages accounts receivable, including performing invoice audit reviews.
• Manages the hospital inventory, controls facility and administration costs, and assists in semi-annual inventory process.
• Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
• Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
• Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
• Supervisory and leadership experience.
• Reporting and data analysis.
• Customer service strategies and marketing techniques.
• HR policies and protocol development.
• Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff
• Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital tam members.
• Business management skills including reporting and data analysis.
• Problem solving and conflict management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Make decisions confidently and effectively.
• Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religions, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Vinton, Virginia, United States