We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join us full time. You will work various shift patterns across 5 days. Salary range of £23,000 – £28,000 depending on experience. Your duties will include:
• Providing gold standard nursing care for all our patients
• Attending daily rounds with clinicians and giving detailed handovers to your nursing colleagues at shift changes and when handing patients between ward and theatre teams
• Discharging patients to their owners, going through medications and post-operative plans
• Booking follow-up appointments if appropriate
• Use of our practice management system for note keeping, pricing and booking appointments
Hamilton Specialist Referrals delivers world-class, exemplary clinical services, but with a clear focus on the people that make that a reality. By nurturing our workforce we are able to offer the very best services to the pets entrusted into our care and also to their owners. We employ a wide range of workplace measures to ensure our staff feel happy, valued and are able to fulfil their potential.
All our specialists are either European boarded or board-eligible, and all services are supported by two European boarded anaesthetists. We have an ECVN recognised residency programme in place and are in the process of gaining approval for an ECVS training programme. HSR offers the most cutting-edge investigations and treatments, with both a 1.5 Tesla MRI and a CT-scanner on site; and all disciplines work closely with the in-house physiotherapy department.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must. Experience of referrals nursing is an advantage.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom