Employment at Belair Veterinary Hospital provides veterinary technicians the opportunity to participate in progressive veterinary medicine, work in a fast-paced environment handling a diverse caseload, and provide personalized and compassionate medical care. We are looking for an experienced team player who is dedicated to providing high-caliber veterinary care by assisting the doctors with technical functions and provide outstanding medical care.
Duties will include but are not limited to: assisting with in-patient and out-patient care, well and sick/injured examinations, laboratory duties, treatments, drug dispensing, surgery assistance, dentistry, medical record notation and maintenance, housekeeping, and inventory. Technicians must provide extraordinary customer service and maintain practical knowledge of the hospital’s procedures, services, and policies.
Veterinary Technician Duties:
- Provide compassionate care to our clients and patients.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare, clean, and stock exam rooms and treatment areas as needed.
- Admit and perform physical history and vitals as needed on all patients.
- Obtain proper intake information for patient and record in management software.
- Administer oral medications.
- Give IM, SQ, and IV injections.
- Perform venipuncture and ensure bloodwork is properly recorded, sent out, or processed in-house.
- Effectively position for and take radiographs.
- Assist in surgical and dental procedures.
- Discharge patients by reviewing diagnosis, treatment plan, and follow up care with owners. Ensure that owners receive proper medications and/or prescriptions.
- Assist team members when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience in veterinary field desired.
- Must be at least18 years old.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to stay calm and focused during busy and stressful work periods.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be able to assess work/hospital needs and initiate appropriate action.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Bowie, Maryland, United States