Job Description $22-$25
Title: Emergency Service Technician Lead
Who we are looking for:
Community Pet Hospital is a fast-paced, well established General Practice and 24/7 Emergency Medicine Animal Hospital in Thornton, Colorado. As part of our mission, we strive for excellence in every aspect of the service we provide and continually search for an individual with leadership experience to provide support, mentorship, and guidance to the emergency-medicine technician team.
The successful candidate has strong leadership, time management and communication skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, skillfully prioritizes the needs of patients, doctors and of his/her team, is always aware of treatment floor activities, of in-hospital, incoming, and discharging caseload.
S/he has a successful track record in team building and knows how to navigate sensitive internal situations, coordinate patient-flow and who approaches every aspect of his/her multi-faced role with an always approachable demeanor inviting collaboration and input from the team. The successful lead will strive to create and sustain a pleasant, effective, and efficient work environment, and will fulfill their nursing and administration responsibilities with consideration to our core values: Quality, Service, Accountability, Respect, Family and Teamwork; s/he responds more, reacts less, and earns the respect of his/her team through the power or example. This position is approximately 90% on-the-floor technical and 10% administrative.
In addition to possessing an advanced emergency medicine nursing and anesthesia skillset, the emergency service technician lead will: :
- Escalate medical and non-medical issues to the appropriate leadership team member.
- Function as a scheduled technician on the floor
- Collaborate with other department leads regarding patient, client and systemic needs
- Prioritize and organize patient care and workflows for shift
- Directly manage the patient care team while on shift which includes but is not limited to:
- Managing on-shift staffing , breaks for team members
- Addresses process or employee issues during their shift
- Serves as first level responder to client concerns,
- Provides input to hospital leadership on team member performance evaluations
- Participates in on-call responsibilities
- Participates in management or administrative meeting(s) routinely
- Works closely with leadership to communicate and solve schedule concerns, fills in when needed to ensure sufficient shift coverage,
- Communicates performance concerns and shift issues to appropriate leadership team members.
Who you are:
- Licensed or Certified Veterinary Technician preferred
- Prior veterinary medicine supervisory and/or leadership experience
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours, and able to work additional hours and Holidays when necessary to provide sufficient coverage for caseload needs
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Thornton, Colorado, United States