Are you a Licensed Veterinary Technician who enjoys the thrill of not knowing what’s going to come in next? Do you love a fast-paced environment and being able to think critically on your feet? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your full skill-set while simultaneously learning new & advanced techniques? If so, PETS Referral Center located in Berkeley, CA is looking to add YOU to their growing team!
We are looking for an evening/swing shift RVT that excels working in an ER setting. The ideal candidate can adapt to the different needs of each patient and can and handle the stress of critical situations with ease.
Perks of Living in Berkeley, CA
- 9.7% of residents commute by bike making it one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country
- Whether you are looking for Jewish delicacies, upscale restaurants (home to the famous Chez Panisse), Thai, creole, or vegan options, there are a PLENTY of restaurants to choose from!
- There are many parks in Berkeley with stunning views and lots of recreational options, but Tilden is home to a 100-year-old merry go round, only of the only antique carousels left in the US.
- Nobel Laureates and is ranked #4 globally by US. You’ll feel smarter just by living here.
- Berkeley is eco-conscious and leads the way on environmental initiatives.
We are a 24/7 specialty + emergency hospital. Our team of highly trained doctors and technicians are committed to doing what is best for each pet and family. We encourage open communication and promote a safe space for each team member feel comfortable asking questions and learning. We provide mentorship and career growth opportunities, give technicians the autonomy to oversee and manage cases with our doctors, and enjoy outdoor team building adventures when possible.
Who we looking for
- A Registered Veterinary Technician or recent graduate preparing to take the VTNE
- Team player who enjoys a fast pace environment and can think critically on their feet
- Outstanding client service and exceptional patient care
- Ability to remain composed in stressful and emotional situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication with clients and team members
Advantage of working in ER
- One of the first to see and help a patient
- Opportunity to use your technical skills in more advanced ways
- Every case is different so you’re never bored and always learning
- You’re able to s tay calm and react quickly during life-threatening circumstances
- CE Allowance
- Uniform Allowance
- Shift Differential
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Pet Discount
- Tuition Assistance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
To learn more about our hospital, please visit https://www.petsreferralcenter.com .
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Berkeley, California, United States