Veterinary Technician – ER Triage
Nashville Veterinary Specialists + Animal Emergency (NVS) is seeking adaptable, hard-working, and highly motivated Veterinary Technicians for our fast-paced and growing Emergency department! Apply today, join our growing team, and advance your career!
NVS is a veterinary specialty hospital and 24/7 emergency hospital. Our primary focus is to honor the human-animal bond in all we do, focusing on patient care, client experience, and the health of our team. We believe we can never stop improving and strive to improve in all we do. We are located in a recently expanded 24,000 square foot hospital with digital radiography, computed tomography (CT), on-site magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, endoscopy, access to an on-site commercial laboratory, and more.
Summary: Improve client experience through better communication and allowing clients to be present during STAT situations. Improve patient triage process through more accurate triage assessment on the front end. Improve CSR/ER team synergy by improving internal communication and education; assessing patient’s stability, talking to clients, and answering ER phone questions.
• Must have LVMT CVT, LVT, or RVT licensure and at least 1+ years of veterinary hospital experience
• Have a reasonably in-depth understanding of veterinary medicine and basic disease processes
• Have broad technical abilities (Phlebotomy, catheterization, patient restraint, radiographs, in-house lab, pharmacology, medication/fluid/oxygen administration, etc.)
• Experience: Someone who is highly skilled in diagnostics and triage. Must have at least a working knowledge of ICU. Must have a detailed understanding of common disease processes seen in the ER/ICU. Must be able to evaluate blood work from transfer cases in order to triage appropriately. Experience in handling difficult clients.
• Qualities: team-oriented attitude, calm demeanor in stressful situations, effective communicator, excellent client communication skills, client service experience.
• Assess the stability of incoming patients
• Determines levels of triage
• STAT Triage
• Monitor ER patients in the lobby
• Euthanasia Intake
• DOAs Intake
• Client care – updating clients on wait times, where the pet is in process
• Client callbacks and prescription creation
Benefits: Competitive salary, PTO, Insurance (medical, dental & vision), short/long term disability and life insurance, 401k, discounted pet products and services, CE Allowance, uniform allowance, cell phone discounts, YMCA corporate memberships, team building and volunteer events, excellent opportunities for advancement, and MORE!
Not only do we focus on patient care, but core to our hospital culture is also a focus on the health of our team, our community, and the environment. We are committed to sustainable environmental practices. We have a comprehensive recycling and composting program as well as a 5,000-gallon rainwater collection system, roof-mounted photovoltaic solar panel system, skylights, and an energy recovery system for heating and air.
Nashville is located in middle Tennessee and is home to approximately 690,000 people. Although Music City is most well-known for its strong connection with country music, Nashville is the headquarters of some of the largest record labels and recording studios, creating an endless supply of many different music genres. Additionally, there are over 10,000 acres of easily accessible public land for outdoor activities, and there is a vibrant restaurant scene.
Questions?: Please email NVS Recruiter, Celine Moffett, at [email protected]
Nashville, Tennessee, United States