Priceless Pet Clinic
Job Description : Licensed Veterinary Technician
Position Overview: The L.V.T is the veterinarian’s primary medical support. They begin the examination procedure and continue to assist the doctor throughout the examination, diagnosis and treatment phases. They aid the veterinarians in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. They have a very significant role in communicating with and educating clients about their pets.
Education and Licensure Requirments:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT/LVT)
* Licensed in the State of Washington or in the process.
* Minimum 2 years experience as an LVT or Assistant.
* Minimum 18 yrs old.
* Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them under all conditions, when stressed, ill, injured and in pain.
* Can stay calm and efficient during a medical crisis.
* Is well-spoken and approaches his/her job duties in a mature manner.
* Is experienced in the teamwork approach to medicine and works well with all levels of hospital team members.
* Has excellent cllient communication skills.
* Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals (will be assisted by other team members in lifting animals over 40lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
* Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal bodily fluids and excrements.
Normandy Park, Washington, United States