Memorial Drive Veterinary Clinic is looking for a full time Certified Veterinary Technician. We are a 5 doctor (soon to be 6 doctor), fast-paced small animal clinic that is constantly growing and changing. Along with providing the best patient care, we believe in serving our community, and so partner with our local humane society, Wildlife of Wisconsin, and donate to charities. We value our strong family atmosphere, so if you are looking for a place to establish your long-term career with meaning, look no further.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental, nursing skills, and anesthetic monitoring.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Possess a strong knowledge of feline and canine anatomy and physiology and familiarity with small mammals like rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Accuracy in the documentation of pertinent medical, client, and case related information in the patient record with appropriate grammar and terms.
- Maintain excellent client communication. This includes reviewing medical records, estimates, and/or discharge instructions with clients, as well as triaging care and providing client education in person and over the phone.
- Strives for continual self-advancement including CE opportunities.
- Collaboration with other support staff to assure appointments flow well and clients and patients receive the ideal patient experience.
- Assist in daily duties for clinic care/maintenance.
- Knowledge of AviMark is a plus, but not required
Wisconsin Veterinary Technician License
This is a full time opportunity with a required 2 scheduled Saturdays per 4 week period. We offer the potential for bonuses, discounts on your pet’s care, paid time off, medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as an optional 401(k). If you are a compassionate, skilled, certified veterinary technician looking to expand your career we want to hear from you.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States