North End Pet Hospital is in search of an outgoing and energetic Licensed Veterinary Technician for full-time employment.
Located in Tacoma’s historic Proctor District, North End Pet Hospital is a long-standing institution in the local community. Our dedicated doctors and staff practice high-caliber medicine and excel at top-notch customer service.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our family and grow with us as we continue to provide our loyal clients and patients with the best treatment and care possible. Qualified applicants will have a current Washington Veterinary Technician License, have a strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, and have a positive attitude. Experience with Avimark software and Idexx equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Assists the veterinarian during examination of animals, providing restraint as needed in order to work safely and effectively.
- Prepares and administer medications, vaccines, serums, and treatments, as prescribed by the veterinarian.
- Performs routine dental cleanings on animals under the direction of the veterinarian.
- Administers anesthesia to animals under the direction of the veterinarian and monitors animals’ responses to anesthetics so that dosages can be adjusted.
- Obtains radiographs of animals with knowledge of proper positioning and techniques.
- Cares for and monitors the condition of animals recovering from surgery.
- Performs laboratory tests on blood, urine, and feces, such as urinalyses and blood counts, to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health problems.
- Administers emergency first aid, such as performing emergency resuscitation or other life-saving procedures.
- Collects, prepares, and labels samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments, equipment, and materials.
- Provides the veterinarian with the correct equipment and instruments, as needed.
- Fills prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Prepares animals for surgery, performing such tasks as shaving surgical areas and placing IV catheters.
- Maintains clean examination rooms and treatment areas.
- Works collaboratively with veterinarians to ensure that all animals are being cared for properly and moving through the system efficiently.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Current Veterinary Technician License.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively handle and control aggressive animals.
- Must be able to handle the physical and emotional aspect of work in a veterinary clinic environment, including the use of euthanasia.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
- Must have active listening, critical thinking, complex problem solving, time management, judgment and decision making skills.
This is a full-time position. Schedule will be determined based upon the needs of the hospital and will include some Saturday hours. We offer competitive wages, based upon experience.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave
- Pet Healthcare Discounts
- Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Plans
- Uniform Allowances
- CE Allowances
- License Renewal
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Tacoma, Washington, United States