If your calling is to help pets and the people who love them, we need you to join us!
Sumner Veterinary Hospital has been proudly serving the greater south sound area for over 40 years. We have grown from a small community general practice to a thriving 24-7 full service practice equipped to offer advanced emergency and critical care services. At our core remains a deep seated belief that pets enhance our lives and that caring for them and their loved ones is a necessary and honorable profession we are proud to belong to.
We are looking for licensed, skilled veterinary technicians. Our positions are specific and varied from hospitalized nursing caregivers, to surgical technicians, and emergency technicians. We offer a flexible work schedule, premium benefits, and a positive team oriented environment where we provide an opportunity for you to advance your passion and your career.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Performs laboratory tests on blood, urine, and feces, such as urinalyses and blood counts, to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health problems.
- Collects, prepares, and labels samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination.
- Maintains clean work station.
- Works collaboratively with veterinarians and other team members to ensure that all animals are being cared for properly and moving through the system efficiently.
- Client communication – written and verbal
Skills and Basic Qualifications:
- Certification as a Veterinary Technician (or equivalent experience in the state of WA)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to handle the physical and emotional aspect of work in a veterinary clinic environment, including the use of euthanasia.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
- Must have active listening, critical thinking, complex problem solving, time management, judgment and decision making skills.
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays
- Veterinary experience is a MUST.
We look forward to showing you our hospital and introducing you to our team and philosophy.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Sumner, Washington, United States