Our practice is currently seeking Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
Under the supervision of our Veterinarians our Licensed Veterinary Technicians will aid in providing high quality care and treatment for patients. Oversee activities of our Doctor’s Assistants to ensure they are following hospital guidelines. Assist with client education. Represent the hospital in a positive, professional light to all clients and potential clients.
– Perform/oversee patients’ diagnostics as ordered by doctors, including: venipuncture, blood chemistries, cytologies, x-rays, etc.
– Perform/oversee surgical preparation of patients including: Clipping, scrubbing, catheter placement, IV fluid administration, intubations, anesthesia administration, and controlled substance administration.
– Perform/oversee post-procedure care/treatment.
– Perform procedures, as allowed by law, including: dental cleanings, ear cleanings, wound care, etc.
– Maintain logbooks pertinent to the treatment/lab area, including test results, controlled substances, x-ray techniques, and equipment maintenance schedule.
– Perform, or arrange, for, routine maintenance on treatment room/lab equipment, such as the Idexx blood analyzer, autoclave, microscope, etc.
– Ensure Doctors Assistants are performing their duties in an acceptable manner.
– Conduct staff training on relevant topics such as x-ray safety, anesthesia safety, safe patient restraint, etc.
– Client education, via phone and in person.
– Attend continuing education, per licensing requirements, both on and off-site.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Current license to practice issued by state board of veterinary medicine.
– Compassion for patients and clients.
– Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
– Enthusiasm and professional demeanor.
– Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and routines.
– Ability and willingness to supervise others.
Lorton, Virginia, United States