Veterinary Technician – ICU
Nashville Veterinary Specialists + Animal Emergency (NVS) is seeking adaptable, hard-working, and highly motivated Veterinary Technicians for our fast-paced and growing ICU department! Apply today, join our growing team, and advance your career!
NVS is a veterinary specialty hospital and 24/7 emergency hospital. Our primary focus is to honor the human-animal bond in all we do, focusing on patient care, client experience, and the health of our team. We believe we can never stop improving and strive to improve in all we do. We are located in a recently expanded 24,000 square foot hospital with digital radiography, computed tomography (CT), on-site magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, endoscopy, access to an on-site commercial laboratory, and more.
Summary: Assists in carrying out treatments, assessments, and procedures for hospitalized patients.
• Must have LVMT CVT, LVT or RVT licensure and at least 1+ years of veterinary hospital experience (recent graduates from veterinary technology programs are encouraged to apply)
• Must have a basic understanding of disease processes, pharmacology, and patient treatments for which our cases are referred and hospitalized
• Must have a strong skill set in customer service, veterinary medical knowledge base, veterinary nursing care, communication skills, and exemplary attention to details
• Perform patient treatments
• Assist Hospitalist as needed
• Perform in-patient diagnostics/procedures (i.e. radiographs, bloodwork, NG tube placement, bandage changes, etc.)
• Making next day ICU sheets as needed
• Update clients as needed
• Keep doctor updated with patient status
• O2 cage Maintenance (i.e. changing Sodasorb, calibrating, etc.)
• Become proficient in EzyVet and Smartflow
• Fill prescriptions and call into pharmacies
• Client communications (updates, inquiry calls, discharge, etc)
Benefits: Competitive salary, PTO, Insurance (medical, dental & vision), short/long term disability and life insurance, 401k, discounted pet products and services, CE Allowance, uniform allowance, cell phone discounts, YMCA corporate memberships, team building and volunteer events, excellent opportunities for advancement, and MORE!
Not only do we focus on patient care, but core to our hospital culture is also a focus on the health of our team, our community, and the environment. We are committed to sustainable environmental practices. We have a comprehensive recycling and composting program as well as a 5,000-gallon rainwater collection system, roof-mounted photovoltaic solar panel system, skylights, and an energy recovery system for heating and air.
Nashville is located in middle Tennessee and is home to approximately 690,000 people. Although Music City is most well-known for its strong connection with country music, Nashville is the headquarters of some of the largest record labels and recording studios, creating an endless supply of many different music genres. Additionally, there are over 10,000 acres of easily accessible public land for outdoor activities, and there is a vibrant restaurant scene.
Questions?: Please email NVS Recruiter, Celine Moffett, at [email protected]
Nashville, Tennessee, United States