Conejo Valley Veterinary Hospital, originally founded in 1958, was the first veterinary hospital to be established in Conejo Valley. Today we are a busy, 17+ doctor practice providing care for a wide variety of animals: dogs, cats, exotic pets, and local wildlife. Our goal is to provide “High quality, compassionate care without judgment for the animals.” We have a 17,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility that offers general veterinary care, 24/7 emergency pet care, boarding, bathing, and doggy day camp.
We are looking for individuals with a positive, can-do attitude, who are flexible, open to change, and have a passion for the animal care. If that sound like you and you are looking to grow with a successful organization apply today!
Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced and dependable, full time Veterinary Technicians, RVT to join our dedicated team. The Vet Tec will monitor and document vital signs and activities, obtain an prepare various samples for diagnostic testing and perform digital x-rays. The ideal candidates must have at least 5 years of hands on experience as a Vet tech, we may consider less experience from a 24/7 ER clinic and an exceptionally positive attitude.
This is a full-time position (40 hr./wk.), and requires availability Monday to Sunday (7 days/wk.) including holidays, from 5am to 8pm.
- Calculate and administer medications (IV, IM, and SQ)
- Sample collection o Venipunctures using patients’ cephalic, saphenous, and jugular vein
- Urine – via cystocentesiso Strong background in administering and monitoring anesthesia and sedation
- Experience in managing critical patients preferredo Position patients to obtain diagnostic- quality radiographs
- Must be able to administer injections, take vital signs of animal, o Safely and effectively restrain animals, including fractious animals, in a manner that is safe for the animal and staff allowing examination and treatment.
- Accurately enter reliable information and maintain updated medical history charts.
- Ability to communicate patient needs to DVM
- Must be RVT and/or have 5 years of veterinary technician experiences, or a combination of both.
- Ideal Applicants must have a positive attitude, commitment to solving problems in a diplomatically and professionally manner
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work well independently and take instruction on the fly.
- Must have basic computer literacy skills and be able to handle multiple unrelated tasks simultaneously while working in a busy environment
- Active listening – ability to effectively communicate with clients by phone and in person.
- Must also be able to lift 40 pounds and work on feet all day
- Animal handling experiences
- Dental care experiences preferred
- Must have compassion – Veterinary technicians sometimes are working with animals who are sick, injured, or even dying, and their owners can be distraught. It’s important to remain professional while still making animals and their owners as comfortable as possible.
As part of NVA, Conejo Valley veterinary Hospital offers a competitive compensation and benefit package with exceptional recognition for performance and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates apply here
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Thousand Oaks, California, United States