We are looking for 2 motivated technicians to join our team.
The veterinary assistant/technician is responsible for assisting the doctor in exam rooms, surgical and dental procedures, and communication with the clients. They give injections and administer oral medications in accordance with government regulations and hospital policy. The veterinary assistant/technician performs clinical laboratory procedures, takes radiographs, fills prescriptions, restrain animals, draw blood, place catheters, and other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Veterinary technician certification desirable but not required.
• Minimum two years experience as veterinary technician or assistant.
• Ability to properly handle and restrain animals.
• Ability to preform basic job functions, such as blood draws and catheter placement.
• Must have the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Lifting and carrying animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs).
• Walks or stands for extended periods or time.
• Frequently works in a bent position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Bakersfield, California, United States