Are you an experienced or Credentialed Veterinary Technician with a passion for surgery? Do you want an insight to cutting edge technology by learning from board certified Surgeons? No?! Sut-ure self ; ) Join our pun loving surgery team at Veterinary Surgical Specialists located in Spokane, WA!
We are a thriving small animal practice residing within the Pet Emergency Clinic and Referral Center. Our team of specialists within the hospital serve the Northwest region including Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Canada. Our new hospital was awarded Veterinary Specialty Hospital of the Year by DVM News Magazine ! We have a tight knit team focused on quality medical care and surgical excellence.
What to Expect
- A team that feels and functions like family, encouraging and supporting your career growth/development
- Great work life balance with a M-F schedule
- Doctors/technicians that promote a safe environment to ask questions and learn
- Opportunity to utilize your skill-set to the highest level and perform a wide range of procedures
- Quality Medicine. We utilize state of the art equipment to perform advanced techniques providing excellent care and treatment services.
Our Veterinary Technicians are invaluable members of the hospital team, working directly with Surgeons and other medical staff to ensure a gold standard of care and surgical excellence.
- Credentialed Veterinary Technician preferred, but open to non-credentialed with surgical experience
- Team player who enjoys a fast pace environment and can think critically on their feet
- Outstanding client service and exceptional patient care
- Excellent verbal and written communication with clients and team members
- Ability to remain composed in stressful and emotional situations
- Desire for ongoing educational development and growth
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting the Surgeon during initial consultation and/or during procedures
- Preparing/administering medications, vaccines, serums, and treatments as prescribed
- Surgical preparation including cleaning/shaving surgical areas and placing IV catheters
- Administering/monitoring anesthesia to patients under the direction of the Surgeon, adjusting dosages as needed
- Nursing care for patients recovering from surgery
- Cleaning/sterilizing instruments, equipment, and materials
- Obtaining radiographs with knowledge of proper positioning and techniques
- Employee Pet Discount
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
For more information about our hospital visit our website https://www.vssspokane.com .
VSS is an equal opportunity employer.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Spokane, Washington, United States