Our busy clinic is looking for a full-time, experienced veterinary technician to assist veterinarians with diagnostics and treatment and to educate clients on the proper care and maintenance of their pet(s). The veterinary technician is friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations from clients and co-workers. He or she must be able to prioritize tasks quickly, multi-task when able and respond quickly and calmly to emergencies.
- At least two years of recent experience in veterinary practice.
- One year of Avimark experience preferred
- Ability to perform routine veterinary medical procedures (e.g., collect samples, draw blood, place catheters, and administer injections) and properly restrain patients.
- Experience with surgical assistance and radiology.
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate records and to charge clients for all products and services rendered.
- Knowledge of spelling and meaning of commonly used veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion while maintaining a commitment to outstanding client service.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to stay on task and work energetically for entire shift
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Round Rock, Texas, United States