At Shady Brook Animal Hospital , we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet accurate attention and keep clients well-informed.
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, must be available to work Saturdays (8-1pm). We are closed on Sundays.
We are seeking a well-experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our fast-paced clinic and team. The candidate will have an outstanding attitude and be proficient in providing support to our team of veterinarians while delivering the best service to our clients. They will also work to form a team in our clinic by promoting teamwork and respect. The Veterinary Technician will lead and naturally implement to our group’s cultural tenets.
As a Veterinary Technician, you will:
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
- Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate a patient.
- Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
- Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
- Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Perform dental cleanings.
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
- Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
- Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
- Support out other team members as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience.
- Bilingual, a plus.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) highly preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends (Saturdays) & holidays if clinic is open.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Magnolia, Texas, United States