Progressive, fast-paced three doctor veterinary clinic located in downtown Fairhope Alabama is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented veterinary technician. Our goal is to provide high quality veterinary care with excellent client service. Candide must have a compassion for animals, excellent communication skills and express a friendly and compassionate spirit while working in a team setting. Colony Animal Clinic is equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, an in-house lab and laser therapy.
- Obtain and record patient histories
- Communicate with and educate owners on procedures, products, and recommended preventative healthcare
- Dispense and administer medications, vaccines, serums, and treatments as prescribed by veterinarians
- Laboratory duties (collect specimens-blood, urine, fecal, etc.; analyze results)
- Administer and monitor anesthesia under the direction of a veterinarian
- Prep patients, instruments, and equipment for surgery
- Perform routine dental cleanings
- Take radiographs
- Clean, maintain and sterilize equipment, instruments, and materials
- IV catheter placement
- Assist the veterinarian in various procedures
- Input information into computer software system
- Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, doctors and the practice philosophy.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Ability to communicate and handle high-stress situations while maintaining a professional manner.
- Use safe restrain techniques on patients.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in a veterinary clinic.
- LVT is a plus!
- Must live on the Eastern Shore to be able to respond to emergency calls.
- Must be able to work 10 hour shifts.
- Computer skills necessary and required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used veterinary terminology.
- Must be able to life at least 50 pounds.
Our clinic is open 7:00am-5:30pm Monday-Friday. Technicians (nurses) and assistants will also be required to be on a weekend/holiday rotation to conduct treatments during non-business hours for our boarding and hospitalized patients.
Salary is based on experience.
If you feel that you meet or exceed these qualifications, please submit your resume to our clinic at 359 Morphy Ave, Fairhope, AL 36532 or come in and fill out an application and ask for Sarah.
Job Type: Full-time (35-40 hours per week)
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Fairhope, Alabama, United States