Animal Medical Center is looking for a full-time Veterinary Technician
Animal Medical Center is a busy, AAHA accredited clinic. Our mission is to provide our patients with compassionate, exceptional quality, progressive veterinary health care.
Technicians should enjoy working with diverse people, be friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations from clients and team members. Technicians must share a firm belief in the quality of care we provide and communicate this sense of assurance to our clients. It is essential to know and understand our services and recommendations and be able to convey the value of the services to our clients clearly. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to outstanding client service, team building, and cohesion are essential.
Education and Essential Qualifications
• Technicians must possess advanced triage knowledge (CPR).
• Ability to calculate medication doses.
• IV catheter placement and monitoring, venipuncture, critical care.
• Prepare patients, instruments, and equipment for surgery.
• Perform sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout surgical procedures, including abdominal exploratory, cruciate repairs, fracture repairs, and neurological surgeries.
• Proficiently monitor anesthesia.
• Perform dental prophylaxis.
• Proficiency in dental charting.
• Proficient in taking radiographs and dental radiographs.
• Assure that monitoring and support equipment such as the anesthetic machine, EKG, Pulse-OX, scopes, and breathing apparatus are in proper working condition.
• Use a microscope.
• Perform and read urine, skin, ear, and fecal cytology.
• Collect specimens and operate blood machines.
• Technicians must be able to view physical symptoms or medical problems, read and follow handwritten medical instructions.
• Educate clients on medications, diets, and treatments recommended by the Veterinarian.
• Technicians must be able to safely and competently operate equipment pertinent to carrying out their duties, including but not limited to laboratory equipment, anesthesia, dental equipment, and x-ray equipment.
• Clean, maintain and sterilize instruments, equipment, and materials.
• Knowledge of OSHA, federal and state animal laws.
• Ensure that team members comply with regulations.
• Work with and communicate with the Hospital Manager.
• Work well with all team members.
• Motivate and inspire the receptionist and assistant teams to provide high-quality care to patients and clients.
General Job Requirements
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Critical thinking- understanding logic and reasoning.
• Works well in a team and fast-paced environment
• Adherence to procedures and protocols.
• Takes the initiative and is proactive.
• Follow all hospital standard procedures and protocols, both current and future, as contained within the training manuals or as written or communicated by management.
• Carry out all duties professionally and courteously and remain respectful and polite in speech, tone, and actions under all circumstances
• Remain flexible and willing to implement new or changing procedures in the future
• Follow OSHA standards and be familiar with Material Data Safety Sheets.
• Assist doctors during patient appointments
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to developing long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
• Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
• Work Saturdays and a monthly kennel rotation.
• Holiday Kennel rotation
• Rotating transportation schedule of critical patients to and from the after-hours emergency clinic
Copperas Cove, Texas, United States