Full-Time Certified Veterinary Technician, or equivalent experience, needed in busy small animal (dogs, cats, avian, exotics) hospital located in Missoula, MT. Our technicians assist veterinarians with exams, lab work, dentistry, surgery, radiology and patient care. You will be responsible for partnering with other departments including reception and kennel to ensure that patient care and client service remain a top priority.
- Client service and interpersonal skills
- Patient restraint techniques
- Routine examinations and sample collection
- Completing in-house lab diagnostics
- Anesthesia monitoring including an understanding of normal and abnormal parameters.
- Dental scaling and polishing
- Reading and interpreting patient charts
- Injections and catheter insertion
- Knows how to set up for and assist in emergency surgery
- CPR skills and knowledge of emergency medications
- Has Knowledge of commonly used veterinary medication and treatments.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, E-mail, and AVImark experience preferred)
Pay: up to $17/hr
- CVT, LVT, RVT or 5+ years experience
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
Missoula, Montana, United States