Certified veterinary technician or eligible to test for the boards a plus, on the job experience or trained also encouraged to apply!
Professional and advanced veterinary hospital searching for a full time veterinary technician. King of Prussia Veterinary Hospital has been in practice for over 50 years and prides itself on being the keystone of veterinary medicine in the growing area of King of Prussia. Our practice focuses on animal pet health and well-being, client service, and staff well-being. We are looking for a hardworking and motivated team player to grow with us through training and education while maintaining our work-life balance ethics. Full time employees are eligible for benefits including health, vision, dental, 401k, accident/illness, and more.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Veterinary Assistant is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with the Veterinarian and supporting medical staff to ensure productive and quality veterinary care at all times. Cross training is required, and employee may be scheduled within other departments such as reception and customer service.
- Assists the veterinarian during examination of animals, providing restraint as needed in order to work safely and effectively.
- Assists the veterinarian and veterinary technicians to fulfill treatments and needs of patients within the hospital.
- Assists to obtain radiographs of animals with knowledge of proper positioning and techniques.
- Prepares and labels samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination. May assist and run diagnostic testing in hospital under the guidance of veterinary technician.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments, equipment, and materials. Maintains technical equipment.
- Provides the veterinarian with the correct equipment and instruments, as needed.
- Fills prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Maintains clean examination rooms and treatment areas; maintains the gold cleanliness standard of the hospital throughout the facility.
- Works collaboratively with veterinarians and supporting medical staff to ensure that all animals are being cared for properly and moving through the system efficiently. Works collaboratively with all medical staff to ensure client communication standard is upheld at all times.
- Performs duties as a customer service receptionist such as:
- Provide customer service such as greet customers, answer questions, process incoming patients, and handle payments.
- Answering and making phone calls that may involve triaging medical situations and scheduling appointments appropriately by the needs and urgency of the pet and hospital condition.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail, electronic and paper.
- Enter data, update, and file records in accordance to hospital policy to ensure medical records are thorough and complete.
- Process payments, electronic and paper.
- Assists the supporting medical staff to complete all hospital needs in a day.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Certification as a Veterinary Assistant a PLUS.
- Experience preferred, will train the right candidate!
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively handle and control aggressive animals.
- Must be able to handle the physical and emotional aspect of work in a veterinary clinic environment, including the use of euthanasia.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
- Must have active listening, critical thinking, complex problem solving, time management, judgment and decision making skills.
- Must be able to work independently at the direction of hospital management.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to move about on foot for extended periods of time; ability to bend, move, and lift for sustained periods of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour (Based on candidate’s experience +/- certification)
During the pandemic, we still need to be here for the community. All appointments are being seen as “curbside” — staff only in the building. We closely follow and monitor CDC guidelines. Staff safety is a priority. Masks are mandatory at all times.
Vet Nurse / Technician
Earliest Start Date:
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States