We are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join our team on a part time basis. The position is for 1 or 2 days per week 8.30am-6.00pm with 1 in 4 Saturday mornings. No OOH. Daily duties include morning consults 9.00-11.00, operations/work ups and afternoon consults 3.30 -5.30. We are a small team who share responsibilities for all day to day workings of 1st opinion small animal practice. All staff work across both sites for variety and to promote a friendly team atmosphere.
We are a 2 site practice based in Clevedon and Winscombe. Each practice is staffed by a sole charge vet, an RVN and a receptionist. Both are well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, ECG, BP, laser therapy, full complement of Idexx machines, Procyte, Catalyst and Sedivue.
The successful applicant will have several years SA experience and be fully confident and competent with all common 1st opinion veterinary work. In addition to your excellent clinical and communication skills, you will need to be a people oriented person, who is willing to support and guide your colleagues.
Benefits (pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Clevedon, Somerset, United Kingdom