We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to provide maternity cover 2 days a week and ideally 1 Saturday morning per month on a fixed-term contract starting 1st March 2021, with the possibility of an extension thereafter. You will be working as part of a team with 6 other Vets and some sole charge branch work may feature. The role will be largely consultation-based with cases worked-up as required. Surgical work will also feature depending on the candidate's experience and interest in this area. For the right candidate, there can be flexibility around working hours, working days, and the content of the role. Days/hours are detailed below.
• 2 days a week (ideally Wednesdays & Thursdays) 08:30-18:30 (including breaks)
• Ideally 1 Saturday morning per month
• No Out of Hours
Looking to work in a friendly, progressive, small animal practice, then look no further! Based at the edge of the South Downs National Park on the south coast of England, a short distance from Brighton, and yet within easy reach of London, Crossways has an excellent reputation for providing the highest quality personalised care for our clients and their pets. We have three branches in West Sussex at Storrington, Steyning and Findon Valley. Crossways is a well-equipped practice, facilities include laser therapy, laparoscopy, ultrasound, full soft tissue and orthopaedic equipment, dental x-ray facilities and stem cell regenerative medicine.
We are seeking a colleague with some post-qualification experience who is RCVS registered. Competitive salary based on experience. No emergency and critical care out of hours cover.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom