We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join us full time. You will generally work a 4 day week (10 hour days on shifts between 8am and 8pm) with some Saturday mornings and weekend working. No telephone duties or standard out of hours although some requirement to care for low dependency boarders on a Sunday or Bank Holiday. Day off will vary each week and can be requested.
We are an established, friendly and supportive practice in North Hertfordshire with direct main line rail to London. We are a very experienced team including several certificate holders, full RVN team and support staff with a strong team ethos. Equipment/service includes laparoscopy, digital radiography and comprehensive in-house lab.
This position would suit either an MRCVS experienced vet who is keen to undertake further development or an enthusiastic and confident new graduate. We are a busy practice with high and varied caseload so candidate should be looking for this type of environment.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Hitchin, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom