Balby and Maltby are both relatively new additions to the White Cross family, joining the group in 2019. The full team of 14 is made up of 3 Vets, 4 RVN's 2 SVN's,1 VCA and 4 CCCs. We are looking for an experienced part time Veterinary Surgeon to run our Maltby branch on a consult-only basis. Initially we would offer two days a week on reduced opening hours from 9am-5pm (Monday and Friday), but would also consider additional days as preferred. There will be no weekend or OOH requirements.
White Cross Vets are a growing group of practices within IVC Evidensia with a genuine focus on quality care for pets. With our dedication to supporting and rewarding team members, we are the only veterinary practice to receive a three star rating in the ‘Best Companies Accreditation’, being declared ‘An extraordinary company to work for’ for 6 years running. We have also been named winners of the SPVS Wellbeing Award 2017 and 2018, which recognised our dedication to team member engagement and wellbeing.
Although you will work sole charge as a Vet at Maltby, each day you will be supported by a Registered Veterinary Nurse and a Client Care Coordinator from the Balby/Maltby team. The team is full of energy and enthusiasm, you probably won't have worked anywhere with so much laughter before! We all work hard but have good fun while doing it. The team have varied backgrounds and interests; we have team members from Australia, Greece and even as far as the South West of England. Interests range from DIY, to baking, horror films to crystals, magic to rock climbing, you really never know what the topic of the day is going to be!”
You will be a Veterinary Surgeon with a number of years’ post qualification experience, confident with all manner of consultations and comfortable working on a sole basis. This is an ideal opportunity for a client focused vet surgeon, looking for a better work/life balance.
• Generous holiday allowance
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Rotherham, United Kingdom