Are you looking for a practice where you will be recognized for your contributions and where you are able to excel at high quality veterinary care? Then look no more! Glade Valley Animal Hospital in Frederick, Maryland is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic professional to join their team. Located one hour north of Washington DC, Glade Valley Animal Hospital is a small animal practice that has served the local community for over 70 years. Our team enjoys working here because we recognize the importance of the relationships between humans and animals, and we see our clients and patients as extended family.
Our hospital is committed to providing high quality, compassionate care to our patients and clients. Our modern facility includes three exam rooms, lab area, large treatment area with wet sink and separate dental station, radiology suite, surgical suite, patient isolation suite, indoor kennels, surgical kennels, and teammate lounge.
We are located in an upscale community with an average household income that allows the practice of quality veterinary medicine. If you are looking to join a team that shares your passion for animals, we would love to see your application!
This position will begin as part time (20-26 hours) with the expectation to become a full time role later in 2021. Schedule flexibilty and the desire to be full time (30-36 hours) are both needed.
As a Receptionist you will:
- Receive and place calls to clients for the purpose of scheduling.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, i.e. referral documentation, previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense prescription items per the veterinarian’s instructions, and schedule all future appointments.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Manage the financial needs of the hospital by maintaining accurate balances through collection of client transactions, following all cash and credit card handling procedures, and following proper opening and closing procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner.
- Advocate for pets through client education on preventative care, pet health needs, treatment recommendations and all other hospital services/procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, pets and other teammates.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Utilizing standard office/business equipment.
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts.
- Experience with veterinary software is preferred.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Possession of organizational skills.
- Critical thinking – Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good judgment and ability to manage stressful situations.
- Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- A large network of over 2,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Frederick, Maryland, United States