Yukon Hills Animal Hospital is located in Yukon, Oklahoma. Established in 1979, Yukon Hills Animal Hospital has grown and become one of the top hospitals in Oklahoma. Our modern hospital includes complete surgical and dental facilities, anaesthesia monitoring, digital radiology, pharmacy, diagnostic laboratory, treatment room, ICU/recovery ward, isolation and general medical wards. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of our patients’ pets. We have a great team with a fast paced pleasant working environment. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
As a Receptionist you will:
- Receive and place calls to clients for the purpose of scheduling.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, i.e. referral documentation, previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense prescription items per the veterinarian’s instructions, and schedule all future appointments.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Manage the financial needs of the hospital by maintaining accurate balances through collection of client transactions, following all cash and credit card handling procedures, and following proper opening and closing procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner.
- Advocate for pets through client education on preventative care, pet health needs, treatment recommendations and all other hospital services/procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, pets and other teammates.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Utilizing standard office/business equipment.
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts.
- Experience with veterinary software is preferred.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Possession of organizational skills.
- Critical thinking – Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good judgment and ability to manage stressful situations.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) – for eligible positions only
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 2,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Yukon, Oklahoma, United States