Dunwoody Animal Hospital was founded in 1971 and is located in the heart of Dunwoody, Georgia. We are an AAHA accredited hospital providing veterinary care to dogs and cats. Dunwoody Animal Hospital is a full-service animal hospital and welcomes pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Here at Dunwoody Animal Hospital, our mission is to provide optimal care and customer service for our patients and clients in a compassionate environment. We love our patients’ animals as we do our very own, so we want to ensure that their lives are filled with optimal health and well-being. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
As a Receptionist you will:
- Receive and place calls to clients for the purpose of scheduling.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, i.e. referral documentation, previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense prescription items per the veterinarian’s instructions, and schedule all future appointments.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Manage the financial needs of the hospital by maintaining accurate balances through collection of client transactions, following all cash and credit card handling procedures, and following proper opening and closing procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner.
- Advocate for pets through client education on preventative care, pet health needs, treatment recommendations and all other hospital services/procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, pets and other teammates.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Utilizing standard office/business equipment.
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts.
- Experience with veterinary software is preferred.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Possession of organizational skills.
- Critical thinking – Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good judgment and ability to manage stressful situations.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) – for eligible positions only
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 2,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Dunwoody, Georgia, United States