Animal Care of Ponte Vedra is a four-doctor, small animal practice. Conveniently, located close to the beautiful beaches, we have been serving our community with high quality care since 2010. We pride ourselves, with our low-stress appointments for patients and above and beyond customer service for our clients. We offer digital dental x-ray along with cold laser, surgical laser and ultrasound.
We dedicate ourselves to continual education and self-improvement both for the health of the pets we care for and our own development. We are in search of a compassionate and knowledgeable teammate to join our team!
As a Receptionist you will:
- Receive and place calls to clients for the purpose of scheduling.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
- Maintain proper documentation through client and pet records, i.e. referral documentation, previous medical history received, etc.
- Assist all clients by providing necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispense prescription items per the veterinarian’s instructions, and schedule all future appointments.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Manage the financial needs of the hospital by maintaining accurate balances through collection of client transactions, following all cash and credit card handling procedures, and following proper opening and closing procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner.
- Advocate for pets through client education on preventative care, pet health needs, treatment recommendations and all other hospital services/procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, pets and other teammates.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Utilizing standard office/business equipment.
- Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts.
- Experience with veterinary software is preferred.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Possession of organizational skills.
- Critical thinking – Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good judgment and ability to manage stressful situations.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) – for eligible positions only
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 2,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Ponte Vedra, Florida, United States